Insurance companies are facing the challenge of adapting to a higher interest rate environment and persistent inflation, while also anticipating a looming global recession. In order to maintain a balanced and risk-averse portfolio, insurers are searching for reliable and diversified returns while navigating changes in accounting regulations such as IFRS 9 and 17. Additionally, they are striving to align with ESG objectives in a volatile business climate.
In this event, we will explore:
• What are the key learnings for insurance investors from 2023, and what are the top priorities when planning for 2024?
• How can investors balance the ALM mismatch and manage duration in a volatile, high-rate environment?
• To what extent will IFRS 17 and RBC considerations change the way insurers view asset allocation?
• Which private debt opportunities are particularly noteworthy for insurers, and how do they impact the overall portfolio?
• In the current market conditions, how will investors approach ESG considerations?
The September 2023 edition of the Insurance Investment Briefing Singapore brings together the region’s top insurance investors to discuss the market environment and how to position their portfolios in the face of a potential economic downturn.
Chief economist, Asia Pacific
Group Director of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
Global head of multi-asset solutions
Group chief investment officer
Head of investments, general account investments
Climate Bonds Initiative
APAC head of sustainable ETF and index investments